MM Business Expedition was established in February 2015 as an engineering research and professional consulting practice in the power & energy sector of the economy. Due to the changing South African environment and the growing needs for diverse services in all industrial sectors, it became necessary to respond by broadening the services to include not just research but all facets of engineering solution development and successful implementations.
Being a multi-disciplinary consultancy and service delivery company, MMBE offers a wide range of Engineering, Project/Programme Mananegement, Telecommunications, Information Technology, Laboratories and trade skills. These are broadly grouped into three portfolios, namely:
Engineering Laboratory for Africa (ELFA)
ELFA comprises five laboratories dealing with materials engineering research, metallography, sample preparations, chemical composition analysis, and with failure investigations of materials such as boiler tubes, steam pipes etc.
- Coal Lab
- Polymer Lab
- Metallurgical Lab
- Transformer Oil Lab
- Water Treatment Lab
The Scope of this portfolio deals specifically with addressing Engineering Technology Challenges and Industry needs which include:
- Coal and base metals transportation
- Smart Grids research and consulting]
- Project site supervision and management
- Project planning and project lifecycle analysis
- Procurement and supply chain documentation
- Bulk supply of primary energy (coal and diesel)
- Renewable energy research and proof of concepts
- Engineering research consulting and solution formulation
- Supplier management, contract administration and documentation
- Project management, project leadership and technical skills resourcing
- National, Provincial and municipal broadband infrastructure provisioning
- Electrical reticulation and the provisioning and roll out of energy efficient technologies
- Research rapid prototyping and proof of concept demonstration of innovative technology solutions that are based on electronics, IT/computer technology and telecommunications
This portfolio serves as a conduit and an enabling/incubating structure thats in support of governments job creation drive. The aim of which incudes empowering small-scale entrepreneurs and skilled and semi-skilled persons who do not necessarily have the necessary business savviness to grow networks and attain commercial success.
Currently there are 9 focus areas under the MM Holdings Portfolio:
Personal fitness instructor services straight to your home or workplace ,to help the fight against obesity
CCTV and alarm solutions, telecoms & ICT solutions, computer hardware and software supply and maintenance services, and cellphone repairs
Laundry services including dry cleaning, tailoring services, shoe repairs and locksmith.
Public access to internet and email printing, photocopying, scanning, fax, binding, laminating, airtime sales and public phones
Schools stationery supplies, textbooks, school uniforms and shoes. This includes computers, tablets and WiFi Internet Solutions for school sand other hot spots.
Bulk supply of seeds, fertilisers, pesticides, herbicides, gardening tools and machinery and labour on agriculture and gardening.
Cleaning supplies, cleaning services including deep clean and other hygiene services.
Auto Diagnostics, towing service, fleet management solutions, maintenance and repairs, panel beating & spray painting, wheel alignment and wheel balancing, battery sales and driving school.
Bulk food supplies and labour on catering, entertainment and events management
Landscape engineering, tree felling and grass cutting, cleaning and waste removal, welding, painting, plumbing, tiling, paving, carpentry, electrical, and guard services.